Thomson Bethune, a leading Property and Construction Consultancy, currently seeks:
- Assistant Quantity Surveyors and Senior Level Quantity Surveyors to support numerous forthcoming public and private sector projects
- Receptionist / Senior Office Administrator to join our Edinburgh office
- Marketing Executive & Bid Coordinator – either Edinburgh or Glasgow office
We offer fantastic opportunities for candidates who have a strong background working with a wide portfolio of clients on new build and refurbishment projects.
You will be expected to carry out day-to-day project surveying duties, including detailed cost planning and tender documentation preparation, including full SMM and NRM documentation.
· Strong background of working on Commercial, Education, Leisure and Residential projects
· Strong experience liaising with Contractors and Design Teams
· Strong client relationship experience
· Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
· Ambitious for career progression
Receptionist / Office Administrator
We are looking for a skilled Receptionist/Senior Office Administrator to support a wide range of routine tasks and duties for all members of staff, including at Director level.
This is an extremely varied and busy role based in our Edinburgh office and offers a variety of duties which are summarised below.
The main functions of the job are as follows:
- General Reception duties
- Support the operational and administrative functions for the company
- Offer Assistance to the BD & Marketing Manager with tender submissions and marketing.
Marketing Executive & Bid Coordinator
We are offering a brilliant opportunity for an experience and enthusiastic Marketing Executive & Bid Coordinator to support our various Marketing activities. This is a 9-12 month maternity leave contract.
The successful candidate will:
- Take overall responsibility for a high volume of bid activity within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment:
- Monitor bid portals for likely tender opportunities;
- Coordinate tender documents – manage content, assist with typing, editing, formatting, proofreading and production of high-quality bid responses.
- Follow up on submitted bids, seeking feedback and highlighting successes/non-successes.
- Work closely with the senior members of staff to assist them with their Business Development activities.
- Manage and coordinate company marketing material, including brochures, case studies and CV’s.
- Attend monthly Marketing Meetings to report on Marketing and bid activity.
- Maintain and update the company website with Latest News, awards and new projects.
- Manage the upkeep of the company contact database.
- Manage the event calendar and coordinate events.
Further information about our vacancies:
- £Competitive salary dependent on expereince
- Opportunities in our Edinburgh & Glasgow offices
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Interviewing immediately
Training & Development
Development of our people is one of our core values and we aim to help individuals achieve their true potential and as an organisation deliver a high quality service. Each employee will follow their own individual training and development plan which is reviewed periodically with specific training needs being highlighted and courses and workshops arranged appropriately. Learning activities will range from in-house forms of training to external consultants, classroom based learning in both managerial and technical skills, knowledge sessions and peer reviews. Other programmes will include CDMC, EPC and APC training, RICS Assessments, MSC’s and other professional qualifications.
We currently support courses at Heriot-Watt and Napier Universities at both BSc and MSC levels and a number of our Senior Management Team provide a series of lectures at these Institutes.
We are always on the lookout for the right people
Our people are an integral part of our business and so we take the recruitment process and employee support, training, encouragement and opportunity very seriously. We believe in selecting only the most talented and ambitious who will adapt and drive forward change within the organisation.